Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour
×



Details

Submitted on
June 3, 2013
Image Size
1.1 MB
Resolution
800×1200
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
19,991 (4 today)
Favourites
2,635 (who?)
Comments
153
×
Alter Ego by vtas Alter Ego by vtas

Limited Art book Sale: Get free prints from me!

International shipping available.
Edit: WOW thank you so much for the DD O_O and thank you =Azzedar-san and `SavageFrog for suggesting it!

===
When evening comes, I am a mega-awesome scythe-brush wielding superhero and can strangle people with my awesome hair
Fighting artblock by moonlight,
Winning sleep by daylight,
Never hopping from a real fight,
She is the one named--
JK

OK but seriously, I got really tired from endless working and the break I took turned into a time-sucking-monster- but I'm happy I got to do something experimental/learning/NEW and just for myself, which meant... My DA ID I had been planning to draw from years ago! My former username being reaper-bunny, I haven't lost my love of moons and scythes and bunny like things, so here's a merge! Vbuns V2.

inspired by this AMAZING artist: :iconhoooook:; I really learned a lot from this guy!
===
Commissions | FAQ | Tumblr | Twitter
Original Artwork 2013 =vtas. Photoshop CS5
Loosely inspired by my Gaia avi :"D (which was then inspired/created by reaper-bunny ahaha a full circle)
All Rights Reserved. Please do not distribute/change without written permission. Thank you!
(sorry for the huge watermark but I've seen my stuff too many times with another site's watermark all over it orz; )
Add a Comment:
 

Daily Deviation

Given 2013-06-05
Alter Ego by =vtas

deviantART Related / deviantID

( Also suggested by =Azzedar-san ) ( Suggested by SavageFrog and Featured by bradleysays )
:iconboychik:
Fantastic coloring!! I can see the hoooook here...love him and your own style too :heart:
Reply
:iconvtas:
vtas Sep 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thanks a lot! :hug:
Reply
:iconlugas:
Lugas Jul 25, 2013  Student Artist
I cant stop loving your art X) its so wonderful.
Reply
:iconvtas:
vtas Jul 29, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Aww, thank you so much!
Reply
:iconlugas:
Lugas Jul 30, 2013  Student Artist
I just say the truth, your art is my inspiration, but I never get these colors.
Reply
:iconvtas:
vtas Jul 31, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thank you very much! I think your gallery has great potential. I especially adore Second Skin. I play around a lot with Photoshop layer properties and color adjustment tools. For this piece, I started in grayscale and established the colors afterwards using a mix of overlay and re-painting on top.
Reply
:iconlugas:
Lugas Aug 13, 2013  Student Artist
Thank you too, you make me happy to read this. When you finished the grayscaled one, how to you color it? Just layer on layer? 'Cause I started in grayscale one time and I tried it out. But the glimmer of the grayscale didn't disappear.
Reply
:iconvtas:
vtas Aug 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah, I use a lot of different layer effects like "color" "hue" "saturation" "overlay" "color burn" etc. But yes, you're right, some of the grayscale feeling will always remain if you only use layer effects. That's why I always finish up with a lot of painting in the end. After I'm done using layer effects on grayscale, I'm usually at maybe 40% finish. The rest 60% is through my usual coloring/painting on top.
Reply
:iconlugas:
Lugas Aug 29, 2013  Student Artist
I'll try it. Maybe I'll lose the gray feeling. Thank you for your answer.
Reply
:iconjavadmohseni:
javadmohseni Jul 22, 2013  Student Filmographer
nice work.
Reply
Add a Comment: